When: Starts at 6:30pm Friday (feel free to show up earlier, I'll get there around 5pm), ends at 11:30am on Saturday (but you can leave whenever you want)
Who: The whole family is welcome, Scouts should be in uniform.
Cost: $8/person (including adults and siblings... I'm not sure about very young siblings. I would say use your judgement on this), cash or check
Food Provided: Dinner Friday night, breakfast Saturday morning (I suggest bringing your own supplements... last year was hot dogs and baked beans)
Weather: Rain or shine
Facilities present: Restrooms with running water, can't remember if there are showers
Bring: Your own tent, sleeping bags, toiletries, extra clothes, warm clothes, camping chairs, flashlights, etc
Do not bring: Electronics, pets, alcohol, firearms, fireworks
Where: Longview Lake Group Camping Area on Highgrove Road (google map at right). The easiest way to get there, in my opinion, is to go south on 71 and take the Main Street exit in Grandview. Go LEFT (EAST) on Main Street (you will go over 71), and Main Street turns into Highgrove Road. Go 1.7 miles (you will go past Grandview High School) to a four way stop when you reach Grandview Road on Highgrove Road. Go straight at the intersection and turn right in about 0.5 miles, into the camping area. I believe there is a white sign with red non-descript characters at the entrance, and the road goes uphill to a parking area. Please park and find our Pack (several Packs will be camping there). Call me if you get lost, and I will do my best to direct you in.
Email me (danbird1975@yahoo.com) with questions, or call me (816.686.6763) with questions after 4pm on Friday. Hope to see you all there! dan
No comments:
Post a Comment